Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sugar free nutty oatmeal cookies with cranberries

I thought I'd share with you this simple recipe for my favourite sweet evening snack -(almost) sugar free cookies. They are packed with nuts and cranberries instead and I'm just finishing my 5th one this evening :)  
(please pardon the bad picture quality, I need some better light in my kitchen for sure...)


Ingredients
  • 1 cup Ready Brek (or oatmeal as fine as you can get it)
  • 1 cup flour (rice flour or plain flour...whichever)
  • 1 cup mixed nuts (I use almond flakes, chopped hazelnuts, walnuts etc- it's really up to you )
  • 1/2 cup melted butter or vegetable oil
  • 2 cups milk or soya milk
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tbsp honey (or more if you wish)
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
  • 1 cup jumbo oatflakes
Method

Preheat your oven to 175 degrees.
Combine all the ingredients (bar the jumbo oatflakes) in a mixing bowl, once smooth add the oatflakes.


Your dough should be quite dry really, slightly falling off the spoon and look more or less like this:


You can now leave it for about 5 mins, before you form walnut-sized cookies onto a baking tray.

Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 mins depending on the size, they should be golden brown on top and bottom and look more or less like this:


The recipe should make you 15-20 cookies, depending on the size.
Once ready and cooled down (if you can wait that long...) sprinkle with icing sugar and enjoy! And there is only one cup and one bowl for washing up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment