Tuesday, August 23, 2011

eclectic shabby chic @ Yesterdays

I have a cool auntie who's travelled the world, lived in France, Italy, Nepal and Hungary and loves surrounding herself with beautiful things. Her charming house is like a box of treasures, I love spending time at her place (I secretly hope that since I'm her favourite niece, I will inherit all her lovely bits one day). Walking into Yesterdays is a little bit like a visit to my auntie's. 

This beautiful shop has a feel of someone's living room. Someone's with a great taste and love for all things unique and beautiful. Yesterday is full of all kinds of everything: if you like shabby-chic, this is where you will love. There is a lot of elegant pieces too. Tiffany style lamps and lampshades, beautiful mirrors in all shapes and sizes, decorative knobs & hooks, and interior design books which will help transform your house into a home. Pretty Cake Stands, Egg Cups, candles and accessories. Their Cookbooks will make your mouth water just from looking at them. If I am ever stuck for a nice, unique gift, that's where I go.
And as if all the interior design and decoration cornucopia wasn't enough, they also have a rather tasty range of chocolates and truffles in store!

Yesterdays have another branch in Cork, as well as an online shop, but to soak up is great atmosphere and to get truly inspired you should really visit this beautiful place in the heart of Kilkenny.


No comments:

Post a Comment